Calgary Flames three stars of the week: December 10-16

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse

ST. LOUIS, MO – DECEMBER 16: Matthew Tkachuk #19 of the Calgary Flames and David Rittich #33 of the Calgary Flames react after beating the St. Louis Blues 7-2 at Enterprise Center on December 16, 2018 in St. Louis, Missouri. (Photo by Joe Puetz/NHLI via Getty Images)

Another successful week for the Calgary Flames is in the books! Some players stood out more than others. Let’s check out the stars of the week.

The Calgary Flames had yet another successful week in the NHL which put them up to second place in the standings (for a couple of hours). They’re still currently tied for second place with the Winnipeg Jets with 46 points, although the Jets have a game on hand. The Tampa Bay Lightning are the only team with more points at 52. The Flames also, obviously, continue to lead the Pacific Division.

This week, the Flames went 3-0-0. One of the best ones was seeing them come back against the Philadelphia Flyers, when they were down 5-3 with two minutes to go and managed to score two goals after pulling the goaltender, one coming with just seven seconds left in the game and then scoring the overtime winner. With two minutes to go, the Flyers had a 99.51% chance of winning the game. I guess all the Flames needed was that extra 0.49%.

While the teams the Flames faced aren’t exactly the best in the league, every point matters at this point. And while it seems highly likely that they’ll make the playoffs, anything is possible (like we saw with that Flyers game), so every point truly matters, especially against Western Conference teams.

So let’s get into the stars of last week.

It was actually quite difficult picking who the three stars were, but only because there were about six I wanted to pick. So I had to narrow it down, and this is the list I came with.

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse
Load Comments